TOP WAYS TO ENSURE GOOD HOME-SCHOOL COMMUNICATION
- POSSIP: Possip transforms the conversation between home and school. Possip does this through people and technology - providing parents with weekly opportunities to share feedback directly to school leadership. Possip translates these insights into weekly reports to the Principal and Executive Director. If your child currently attends RPA and you are NOT receiving weekly POSSIP texts and/or e-mail, please contact the school office (503-907-1023) with your current cell phone number and e-mail address.
- RPA WEBSITE: the RPA Website (www.rockwoodprep.org) has a wealth of current information on everything RPA! We labor to keep it informative and up-to-date. We ask that if you see any “typos” or have suggested edits, please contact John Nelsen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Social media tools have become the way for a schools to quickly and efficiently disseminate information. Because of the almost universal access to social media across all demographic groups it often reaches people that traditional forms of communication miss. RPS’s presence has moved beyond the school website to now includes a Facebook Page and a Parent's Facebook Group, and we will soon be on Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
- PARENT ADVISORY COMMITTEE (PAC): This is not a PTO or a fund-raising group. This is a deliberative body that assists the Executive Director by openly discusses the most difficult topics and generates actions which in-turn generate results! PLEASE JOIN US! Don't be shy, all voices are welcome. We meet on the last Monday of each month at 6:30 in room #7 of the Elementary building. For more information on how you can be involved contact John Nelsen at email@example.com
- CLASS DOJO: Class Dojo is a communication app for the classroom. It connects teachers, parents, and students who use it to share photos, videos, and messages through the school day. They use Class Dojo to work together as a team, share the classroom experience, and bring big ideas to life in their classrooms and homes. If your child currently attends RPA and you are NOT connected to his/her/their classroom(s) via Class Dojo, please contact your child’s teacher(s).
- SCHOOL NEWSLETTER: The RPA school newsletters is published monthly by the Parent Advisory Committee. It is are a great communication tool—versatile, reliable, affordable and well-received. In addition to tons of information about RPA, our newsletter also contains information on community resources and events. Parents are invited to contribute item for the newsletter. For more information on how you can be involved contact John Nelsen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- PARENT CONFRENCES: At RPA every student has two parent-teacher conferences per year. This is a short face-to-face conference between the parents and teachers of students to discuss a child's progress at school, celebrate successes and work cooperatively to identify solutions to academic or behavioral problems.
- E-MAIL: One of the most effective ways to contact your child’s teacher, school office staff or leadership is to simply send them an e-mail. ALL staff emails addresses are available on the school’s website.
- OPEN DOOR POLICY: While our school leaders are very busy, they do strive to be available to respond to parents/guardians requests for face-to-face meetings.